Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Our Disney Cruise - Day 6 - Cozumel, Mexico

I hope I didn't leave you waiting too long. :)

On this day we arrived in Cozumel around 11:00 AM, and our excursion for this port was snorkeling!

The three of us (Grandma stayed on board) boarded a small boat and met our guides. They had us recite their names 3 or 4 times so we'd remember and recommend them :) - Julio, Joe, Milo and... unfortunately, I have forgotten the fourth guy. They were all very friendly, helpful and Julio, our main guide, spoke English very well.


We cruised along for about 20 minutes to our first snorkel stop. Here, a "professional" photographer jumped in the water with us and took our picture (below). I think we look a little silly with those masks on, but oh well. :)


The following photos were taken with a disposable waterproof camera and lightly edited in Lightroom. Not bad for a disposable, I think.


There were several different kinds of fish, a crab, and two eels. The yellow fish with black stripes is called a Sergeant Major.

Snorkeling selfie! :)


The above picture features a "man-made reef" - a piece sunk on purpose for the coral to grow on and somewhere for fish to congregate, apparently.

My feet with flippers on :)

After we were done, we briefly re-boarded the ship, changed clothes, and disembarked again to go shopping, which involved my first experience with haggling, although Dad did most of that. We bought a few pieces of jewelry and some souvenirs. I re-boarded the ship to grab my camera and we took some pictures of the stern of the Wonder.


After re-boarding, I noticed some of the characters had come out, and, since I hadn't gotten any pictures with them yet and the lines were short, I took the opportunity.


And then, he said, "Will you marry me?"

Well, actually, I inferred that. He can't talk. He's a dog. :)


Did I fool you? Probably not. :)

We then re-joined Grandma and enjoyed the view from the bow...



When it was time to leave, we watched a crew member take down the Mickey flag...


And then, it was time for dinner. So we made our way down...


And it was quite windy. :)


This night was the Captain's Gala Dinner... lobster!


The girls were feeling nostalgic, so we asked for Mickey ice cream bars. :)



Me, on the Disney Magic, with a Mickey bar, 10 years ago...


and me, about a month ago, on the Disney Wonder, with a Mickey bar.


That's about it for today! 


2 comments:

  1. Such lovely pictures, Hannah! Those underwater pictures turned out well! :D You've grown into such a beautiful young woman! :)

    I see you have also change the look of your blog. I really like it!

    Hugs,
    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Trina, you're too sweet. Thanks!

    Yes, I like the look too - although it's about time to change it to Christmas :D

    Hugs,
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete